母亲节英语知识你知道哪些?

时间:2019-04-26 12:50:00   来源:无忧考网     [字体: ]

【#英语资源# #母亲节英语知识你知道哪些?#】母爱是世界上最伟大的爱,母亲是我们生命中的一部分,母亲节马上要到了,让我们尽情地表达自己对母亲的感激之情吧!©无忧考网整理了母亲节英语知识,快来看看吧!希望能帮助到你~更多相关讯息请关注©无忧考网





母亲节的来历(Mother's Day)


  In the U.S. Mothers' Day is a holiday celebrated on second Sunday in May. It is a day when children honor their mothers with cards, gifts, and flowers. First observance in Philadelphia, Pa. in 1907, it is based on suggestions by Julia Ward Howe in 1872 and by Anna Jarvis in 1907.


  在美国,人们在五月的第二个星期天庆祝母亲节。在这一天,孩子们把卡片,礼物和鲜花献给他们的母亲。第一次庆祝母亲节是发生在1907 年的费城,是由朱莉娅·瓦德·豪和安妮塔·贾威斯分别在 1872 年和 1907 年提议设立的。


  Although it wasn't celebrated in the U.S. until 1907, there were days honoring mothers even in the days of ancient Greece. In those days, however, it was Rhea, the Mother of the gods that was given honor.


  虽然美国直到 1907 年才庆祝母亲节,但是尊敬母亲的节日甚至可以追溯到古希腊。尽管那时人们是庆祝上帝的母亲罗伊的。


  Later, in the 1600's, in England there was an annual observance called "Mothering Sunday." It was celebrated during June, on the fourth Sunday. On Mothering Sunday, the servants, who generally lived with their employers, were encouraged to return home and honor their mothers. It was traditional for them to bring a special cake along to celebrate the occasion.


  后来, 在17世纪初的英格兰,人们有一个惯例,就是在每年六月的第四个星期天庆祝“省亲节”。在省亲节那一天, 通常与雇主住在一起的仆人了, 被劝说回家和他们的母亲团聚。按照惯例,他们要带一块特殊的蛋糕回家庆祝。


  In the U.S., in 1907 Ana Jarvis, from Philadelphia, began a campaign to establish a national Mother's Day. Jarvis persuaded her mother's church in Grafton, West Virginia to celebrate Mother's Day on the second anniversary of her mother's death, the 2nd Sunday of May. The next year Mother's Day was also celebrated in Philadelphia.


  在美国, 1907年有一个来自费城的叫阿纳·贾维斯的人,发起了一场建立全国的母亲节的运动。在西弗吉尼亚的格拉夫顿,贾维斯说服了她母亲的教堂,在她母亲去世2周年的纪念日那一天庆祝母亲节,即五月的第二个星期天。下一年费城也庆祝了母亲节。


  Jarvis and others began a letter-writing campaign to ministers, businessmen, and politicians in their quest to establish a national Mother's Day. They were successful. President Woodrow Wilson, in 1914, made the official announcement proclaiming Mother's Day a national observance that was to be held each year on the 2nd Sunday of May.


  贾维斯和其它人开始给部长,商人,以及政治家们写信,要求建立全国性的母亲节。他们取得了成功。1914年在任的伍德罗·威尔森总统,向全国发布官方通告,宣布在每年五月的第二个星期天庆祝母亲节,并使之成为一种传统。


  Many other countries of the world celebrate their own Mother's Day at different times throughout the year. Denmark, Finland, Italy, Turkey, Australia, and Belgium celebrate Mother's Day on the second Sunday in May, as in the U.S.


  世界上许多其它国家在全年的不同时间庆祝他们自己的母亲节。丹麦,芬兰,意大利,土耳其,澳大利亚,以及比利时同美国一样,在五月的第二个星期天庆祝母亲节。





母亲节的意义


  The second Sunday in May is Mother's Day.


  Mother's day is a special time. It is the day we get to spoil, pamper and lavish our mother with all that we can come up with.


  It is a day to enjoy and celebrate all the things that mother has done. It is her day. Make her the queen and you will feel great. She will know that she is loved. That is what Mother's day is all about.


  每年五月的第二个星期天是母亲节。


  母亲节是个独特的节日。这一天是我们名正言顺地宠爱母亲、纵容母亲或为母亲一掷千金的日子。


  这是一个向母亲表示感恩的节日,感激她一年来所做的一切。这是属于她的节日。所以,让她成为这一天的女王吧,你也会觉得很快乐的。她也会感到自己是被爱的——这就是母亲节的真正意义。





关于母亲“MOTHER”一词的深刻含义


  M is for the things she gave me.


  M 代表着妈妈为我所付出的一切。


  O means she grows old.


  O意味着妈妈为我操劳。


  T is for the tears.


  T意味着我的成长离不开妈妈的付出。


  H is her heart.


  H代表妈妈对我的一片心。


  E is for eyes.


  E 是妈妈永远关注着我。


  R means right and right always be.


  R 是母爱永恒。


  Mother's love is like a circle.


  母亲的爱就像一个圆圈。


  It has no beginning and no ending.


  没有开始和结束。


  Mother, What a nice word, what a great name? I love you so much.


  妈妈,多么好听的词,多么伟大的名字,我爱你很爱你。





母亲节你最想对妈妈说点什么呢?


  You're the greatest mom in this world.


  你是世界上最棒的妈妈


  I'm so lucky to be your child.


  做你的孩子我感到很幸运


  You cook the best food in this world.


  你做的饭吃了


  May I hug you?


  我能抱抱你吗?


  Sorry for making you cry sometimes.


  对不起,有时总让你难过


  Let me do the dishes.


  让我来洗碗吧


  I LOVE YOU, MOMMY!


  我爱你,妈妈


  To the world's number one mom!


  给世界上的妈妈!


  Though it is hard to tell you sometimes, I do love you dearly, mom.


  虽然有时要告诉您并不太容易,但是我真的非常爱您,妈妈。


  Thanks for being there. Happy Mother's Day.


  谢谢您一直支持我。母亲节快乐


  On this day we honor you, dear mother.


  亲爱的妈妈,我们向您致敬。


  We may not be angels all of the time, but we do appreciate what you do.


  我们也许不是一直都像天使那样乖巧,但我们确实感谢您的教诲。





亲爱的妈妈,想读一首英语情诗给你


I love the beautiful young girl


of this portrait, my mother,


painted years ago


when her forehead was white,


and there was no shadow


in the dazzling Venetian glass


of her gaze.



我深爱这名美丽少女的画像,


她是我的母亲,绘制于多年前


当时她的前额白皙无瑕


如同威尼斯玻璃般闪亮,


没有一丝阴影 在她双眸中。



But this other likeness shows


the deep trenches across


her forehead's white marble.


The rose poem of her youth that


her marriage sang is far behind.



但另一幅肖像显出深深的纹痕


布满她皎白大理石般平滑的前额


她少女时的那 首玫瑰情诗


曾在她婚礼中被咏唱,


如今已经远去。



Here is my sadness:


I compare these portraits,


one of a joy-radiant brow,


the other care-heavy:


sunrise—and the thick coming on


of night.



此时我心悲伤:比较这两幅肖像


一幅显得 神情愉悦,


另一幅显得心事重重


一幅如同朝阳初升


另一幅则如迎面而来的阴郁 黑夜。



And yet how strange my ways appear,


for when I look at these faded lips


my heart smiles,


but at the smiling girl my tears start.



然而我的反应却显得非比寻常


因为当我看着她失去光泽的双唇,


我心发出微笑,


但看着那名微笑的少女


我的泪竟开始涌出。





母亲节,用英文送上你最真挚的祝福!


  Here's a little token of my appreciation for all that you have done for me over the years.


  这是我一点小小的心意,感谢您这么多年来所付出的一切。


  I may not often say it, but I do love you.


  我也许并不常挂在嘴上,但我真正爱您。


  There may be moms all over the world, but you're the only one that matters to me.


  全世界也许到处都有妈妈,但您是我惟一最在意的。


  This card is to let you know that you have done a super job raising us children.


  这张卡片是想告诉您,在教养子女方面,您做得棒极了。


  I don't take the time to tell you this often, but I love you, mom.


  虽然我经常没有时间告诉您,但我真的爱您,妈妈。


  Sometimes I cry and make you sigh, but you know that I love you so.


  有时候我哭泣而使您叹息,但您却知道,我是如此地爱您。


  You are the one that I love the most. Have a happy Mother's Day.


  您是那个我最爱的人。母亲节快乐!