我是丹尼斯·史密斯。
This is Dennis Smith. *打电话时常用This is……代替My name is……。
This is Dennis Smith speaking.
喂,是约翰吗?
Hello, John? *常用于熟人之间。
喂, 请问是丹尼斯·史密斯先生吗?
Is this Mr. Dennis Smith?
请问是财务科吗?
Is this the finance department?
请问是吉姆·贝克医生的办公室吗?
Is this Dr. Jim Baker's office?
我能借用一下您的电话吗?
Do you mind if I use your phone? *这句话直译是“如果我用一下您的电话,您介意吗?”。如果同意,回答是No(不介意)。
Do you mind if I use your phone? (我能借用一下您的电话吗?)
No, please go ahead. (可以,请用吧。)
我想找佐藤先生。
May I speak to Mr. Sato?
May I speak with Mr. Sato?
I'd like to speak to Mr. Sato, please.
Is Mr. Sato there, please?
Mr. Sato, please. *这是最简单的说法。并不失礼,工作和日常生活中都可以用。
Let me talk to Mr. Sato, please. *这样说有点太直,除了对熟人以外一般不用。
马克在吗?
Is Mark there? *孩子们之间、朋友之间和比较熟悉的人之间比较随便的说法,工作中不用。
真对不起,这么晚了还给您打电话。
I'm sorry for calling you this late. *若在早晨的话把late换成early。
我希望我没打扰您。
I hope I'm not disturbing you. *disturb“打扰(休息和工作)”。
I hope I'm not keeping you.
但愿没吵醒您。
I hope I didn't wake you up.
I hope I didn't wake you up. (但愿没吵醒您。)
No, you didn't. (没有,你没吵醒我。)
我有急事要找巴尔先生。
It is urgent I talk to Mr. Barr now.
I need to get in contact with Mr. Barr right away. *get in contact with……“和……取得联系”。
I need to talk to Mr. Barr immediately.
有关明天开会的事给您打电话。
I'm calling about tomorrow's meeting.
我给您回电话。
I'm returning your call.
I'm calling you back.