1.新概念英语第二册Lesson4词汇学习
1.receive vt.
(1)接到,收到,得到:
When did you receive that letter?
你什么时候收到那封信的?
Susan received a gift/card this morning.
今天上午苏珊收到了一份礼物/一张卡。
receive是“收到”,指的是一个被动的动作,主观上接受与不接受并不清楚。take则是主动地“拿”、“取”:
He told me to take the keys from his pocket.
他让我从他口袋里把钥匙拿出来。
I received a beautiful pen from my uncle. My brother took it from me yesterday.
我叔叔给了我一枝漂亮的钢笔。昨天我弟弟把笔拿走了。
(2)招待,接待:
You need a large room if you are going to receive so many guests.
如果你要接待这么多客人,你就需要一个大房间。
We usually receive guests on Saturday.
我们通常星期六招待宾客。
2.different adj. (名词为difference)
(1)不同的,相异的(经常与from连用):
Desks are different from tables.
书桌与桌子不一样。
My room is different form yours.
我的房间与你的不同。
We are planning something different this year.
我们今年有不同的打算。
(2)各种各样的,不同的:
He has visited many different places in China.
他去过中国的不少地方。
This department store sells a large number of different things.
这家百货商店出售许多各种各样的东西。
2.新概念英语第二册Lesson5词汇学习
1.cover
(1)vt. 盖,覆盖:
Snow covered the whole village.
大雪覆盖了整个村庄。
She covered the child with a coat.
她给孩子盖了件外衣。
(2)vt. 行过(一段距离),走过(通常不用被动语态):
He covered sixty miles this morning.
他今天上午走了60英里。
You can cover the distance to the museum in ten minutes.
你10分钟就可以走到博物馆。
(3)n. 覆盖物,盖子,罩子,套子:
Put a cover on the box!
给这盒子加个罩!
2.spare
(1)vt. 抽出(时间等),让给:
Have you got five minutes to spare?
你能抽出5分钟时间吗?
(2)vt. 饶恕,赦免:
The robbers spared his life.
强盗们没要他的命。
(3)adj.多余的,空闲的,剩下的,备用的:
You can sleep in the spare bedroom.
你可以睡在那间空着的卧室。
I have no spare time now.
我现在没有空闲时间。
She has some spare money.
她有一些活钱。
Where can I get spare parts for this machine?
我从哪里可以找到这台机器的备件?
6.新概念英语第二册Lesson6词汇学习
1.knock
(1)vi. 敲门:
Someone is knocking at the door.
有人在敲门。
I knocked, but no one answered.
我敲了敲门,但是没人答应。
(2)vt., vi. 碰撞:
You always knock things off the table. 你总是碰掉桌上的东西。
Jim was knocked over by a bus this morning.
今天上午吉姆被一辆公共汽车撞倒了。
She has knocked a cup over again.
她又碰倒了一个杯子。
(3)vt. 把(某人)打成……状态:
Bob is very strong. He knocked Tom out yesterday.
鲍勃很强壮,他昨天把汤姆打昏过去了。
(4)与off连用时有一些特殊的含义。一般用于口语。
A vt.(价格上)减去,除去,打折扣:
They knocked five dollars off the price of the coat.
他们把这件上衣的价格降低了5美元。
B vi. 下班,停止,中断(工作等):
When do you usually knock off?
你一般什么时候下班?
He knocked off for lunch at half past eleven.
他11点半休息吃中午饭。
2.call
(1)vt., vi. 叫,喊:
I heard someone calling.
我听见有人在喊叫。
(2)vt. 呼唤,召唤:
Lucy is sick. Please call a doctor.
露西病了。请去叫个医生来。
(3)vi. 访问,拜访;(车、船等)停靠:
Amy called(at our house) yesterday.
艾米昨天来(我们家)了。
I have just called on Mr. Frith.
我刚刚去看望过弗里斯先生。
The train calls at large stations only.
这列火车只停大站。